Rod McInnis

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

. You apparently don't know squat about the Laws
of Gases.

Can you please state which law you are referring to?

I am familiar with Boyles Law, and Charles Law, the "ideal gas" law. I am
not aware of any gas law that supports your claims.

Now, Im again telling you that the ONLY reason is that the
pressure to temperature ratio is more linear.

More linear?

The basic ideal gas law is PV=nRT.
P = pressure
V = volume
n = the number of moles (a measure of the number of atoms)
R is a constant (8.3144 exp-7)
T = temperature in absolute units ("room temperature" is ~300 K)

How do you get more linear than that?

Do you refute that?

Yes

If so, do tell why.

It is generally accepted that all gases obey the ideal gas law if you stay
away from their condensation temperature. Air is mostly nitrogen, then
oxygen, carbon dioxide, and traces of many other gases including water.

Unless you have artificially introduced liquid water into the tire, or
inflated the tire with air super saturated with moisture, the typical
operating temperature of the tire will sufficienty above the dew point of
the air inside such that the air (complete with water vapor) will obey the
ideal gas law.

The nitrogen doesn't expand as much as air, for a given
temperature change.

Which gas are you saying doesn't obey the gas laws: air or nitrogen?

What temperature and pressure are you making this claim for?

Rod