Jeff Morris

Default Flotsam in the Strait!

If the log belongs to someone, can you sue them for damages if you hit one? Or can they sue you?

--
-jeff

"Steve" wrote in message ...
Ya know! I was watching the log jam clearing on the news a couple days ago
and then a USCG (contract) snag picker on last nights news.

From what I understand, they make no effort to gather or remove any of these
logs, unless they are a present hazard to navigation.

Seems floating logs are a natural occurance and therefore left to drift,
until they end up on the beach someplace.. Wonder how many vessels will hit
them before the wash ashore.

Don't mess with Mother Nature!

I went to check on my boat at the Hood Canal Marina this morning and there
were several 4" dia. logs jammed between my boat and the dock.. This marina
is really on the fringe of the Skokomish river delta and there are 1000s of
logs floating out into the Canal everyday.

I have considered rounding up a couple nice logs with my dingy and haul them
out at the launch ramp. Cut them up for fire wood.. Some have warned me that
I shouldn't do it..

Seems a log is kinda like a maverick calf on the open range. It belongs to
someone..

Steve