Snowjacks

Default struck by maniac last night, what to do

I assume that you're talking about the Russell Bridge on the Ohio River near
Ironton. Did the incident happen on the Ohio or Kentucky side of the river?
If it was on the Ohio side, contact the Ironton Police today and give then a
report, and then contact the local District Attorney's office Monday to
pressure then to do something. I wouldn't trust Ohio DNR to agggressively
pursue this. If you were in Michigan, Michigan DNR would probably have a
search party after the guy. Depending on the facts, including the size
difference of the boats, extent of the damage, how far offshore you were,
age of kids, etc the perp could be looking at a felony assault charge. If
they had sunk you, it could have led to a fatality.

If on the Kentucky side, contact the Kentucky State Police and file a
report.
"moyo" wrote in message
Last night while fishing under Russell bridge a nutcase came roaring
thru a clearly marked "no wake " zone. When several other boaters
yelled at him to "slow down" he gunned his engines and created larger
wakes. Then he started doing larger circles yelling "You want wake,
how much wake and so forth" It was dark so we could not see the boat
numbers but after he left things quieted down. About 1/2 hour later I
noticed a boat coming right at us I first thought it was DNR but this
boat was too big and then it struck my boat. It was the same nutcase
from earlier and this time was ranting "you don't tell me no wake" I
warned him off many times and cited the 2 kids in our boat but to no
avail. He struck my boat 3 more times doing about 2000 total damage
before motoring away. When DNR arrived after we called 911 they took a
report and got the boat registraion numbers that I were able to see
when the guy was ranting at us.

OK, I have this guy's registration #. How can I find who the owner of
the boat is...?

Moyo