Jeff Morris

Default Nice area to spend the weekend?

wrote in message
On 26 Jul 2004, (Capt Lou) wrote:

*** Cape Ann Marina in Gloucester can
be fun and so can Newburyport. ***

In terms of "local knowledge" stuff to watch out for, what more or
less are the generally prevailing conditions for a sailboat in/out of
Newburyport to/from the Ocean?

I've always been scared away by the current and visited by car instead.

Coming from the south, what is a good/recommended lay-over the day
before getting to Newburyport?

Salem, or other towns in Salem Bay. Or Gloucester - I second Lou's comment
about Cape Ann Marina, but there are other possibilities in Gloucester Harbor.
BTW, on our recent Maine trip we stayed in Salem for 2 days before going through
the Anisasquam to Kittery. On the way back we stopped at Cape Ann Marina.