Doug Kanter

Default OT- Ode to Immigration

"JohnH" wrote in message

I do agree that Mexicans are hard workers. I don't, however, like what is
occurring in my neighborhood with several families living in one house,

cars
parked in the yard, loud parties, etc. I will admit that they have calmed

down
after a few police calls, but it shouldn't be necessary.

My S.O. grew up in a nice neighorhood in Puerto Rico. Many homes have no
glass in the windows - just screen and metal shutters. They're used to
hearing other peoples' noise, and loud music is far more common than it is
here. When I visited, we stayed at her mother's place. I had to move to a
hotel after a couple of days.

Your Mexican neighbors may've come from a similar environment and haven't
gotten used to the customs here yet. Any chance you could go and talk to
them?