DSK

Default BOAT SHOW REPORT.. MC & capsize screen

.... Ring
any bells?

MC wrote:
Yes, but you got the equation wrong.

No, that's the right equation. I see the problem... you don't know WTF
you're talking about.

The correct equation is
directly proprtional to the metacentric radius

Instead of blabbing about the metacentric radius, how about looking at a
well known and widely used formula, and taking the time to understand it?

But no, you'd rather babble, that way you can continue to feel smart.

.. That anyone would
seriously use this formular in trying to decide seaworthiness is a most
unwise practice -naval architects don't!

In the absence of more detailed measurements, it's better than nothing.
And it is a useful measure when comparing vessels of similar size and form.

BTW the CSR is not used anywhere I know of for an offshore rating
certificate, but it is occasionally used as a screen for allowing
vessels to enter a particular race.

DSK