basskisser

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

Rick wrote in message link.net...
basskisser wrote:

nitrogen helps tires run cooler

Only because when nitrogen is used instead of air, the pressure to
temperature ratio is more linear.

You really ought to stop kissing fish, it has diminished your powers of
reason.

rick

Well, then, please explain to the world how in the HELL nitrogen will
make a tire run cooler. You apparently don't know squat about the Laws
of Gases. Now, Im again telling you that the ONLY reason is that the
pressure to temperature ratio is more linear. Do you refute that? If
so, do tell why. Now, I suspect that you don't UNDERSTAND my answer,
and that is the reason that you don't think it's correct. So, allow me
to explain. The nitrogen doesn't expand as much as air, for a given
temperature change. Therefore, the nitrogen doesn't increase tire
pressure as much as air, when the temperature starts increasing. Thus,
a tire is less likely to expand, because of temperature increase, to
the point of rupture. BUT, the nitrogen does NOTHING to keep the
temperature of the tire from increasing, or decreasing for that
matter.