Donal

Default Flying TVs at Sea!!!!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
It's been suggested by a few idiots that a TV had now place on a modern

crusing
boat.

Now I'm no long range cruiser, but facts are facts!

Absolutely correct. You are no "long range cruiser". You are, also, not
a "medium range cruiser".
Furthermore, you are not a "short range cruiser".

Calling yourself a day-sailor is an insult to all the day-sailors who
venture out of sight of land.

Space: Have you guys ever heard of "flat screen TV?" Uses little power and
takes up even less space.

Yup! I have one in my living room. It doesn't save as much space as I
had hoped.

Safety: A properly mounted TV won't fly around in bad weather or a

knockdown.
Power: Many long distance cruisers now carry nice laptops in addition to

the
standard charts. These laptops can treat the cruiser to a movie now and

again
with almost no power penalty.

That is really sad. Really. Honestly.

The fact is that TV has become a no-brainer for easy entertainment on many

cruising boat, espcially in recent years with flat panel displays.

Couldn't you find something to talk about, instead? It seems that you
(plural) would prefer to "be entertained" than to have to talk to each
other. Funny! One of the great things about a cruise, is that it really
brings the family togrether. You end up playing Scrabble, having
discussions, and generally enjoying *companionship*. These are probably
alien concepts for a New Yorker - and you have my deepest sympathy. I
would really hate to be what you are.

I guess that I am lucky, huh?

Anyone who
says otherwise is living in the past and hasn't read websites showing

today's
cruisers and what they carry. Books, music? Of course! But a TV can be a

great
treat for those aboard and doesn't need to stay home anymore.

It's probably more of a treat for those who have nothing to say to each
other, but would like to keep a physical relationship alive just so that
they can feel important.

Wake up and smell the 80's, kids. They've ended...long ago!

Let's welcome in "consumer relationships". eh?

Let's enjoy a "responsibility free" life until the relentless advance of
years triggers an enormous panic, and then we will get married. Let me tell
you, it doesn't work like that.

Regards

Donal