Jeff Morris

Default Flying TVs at Sea!!!!

Your theory sounds good, but I think its just a matter of preference. The
people that don't like TV won't have one on board. Most of the cruisers on
larger boats that I've met have one, if only for occasional use.

BTW, the liveaboards that I bought the TV from cruise Nova Scotia in the Summer,
sometimes going to Newfoundland. In the winter they normally hang out in SC, but
sometimes they go to FL or the Bahamas. Almost all of this time is at anchor,
and they've been doing it for most of the last 25 years.

"John Cairns" wrote in message

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Like I said, if this is your annual vacation, you probably want to

"vacate." If
this is your life, you might want to watch the morning weather and news.

The TV
I'm watching now I bought from a liveaboard who needed a different model

to fit
with a VCR in a locker.

We never mentioned "liveaboard", which carries with it completely different
nuances than "long distance cruiser". Even in these parts, we have
year-round liveaboards, one of whom even has dish-tv. Thing is, like many
liveaboards, he rarely goes anywhere on his boat, he just uses the boat as
his living quarters. Of course, by definition, long distance cruisers are
"liveaboards", but they sail their boats to different locations. The
difference is important, IMHO. If you're just living aboard and staying put,
you would probably load your boat down with as many creature comforts as
possible, if you spend most of your time traveling from place to place your
priorities would probably be somewhat different.
John Cairns