John Cairns

Default Flying TVs at Sea!!!!

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Like I said, if this is your annual vacation, you probably want to

"vacate." If
this is your life, you might want to watch the morning weather and news.

The TV
I'm watching now I bought from a liveaboard who needed a different model

to fit
with a VCR in a locker.

We never mentioned "liveaboard", which carries with it completely different
nuances than "long distance cruiser". Even in these parts, we have
year-round liveaboards, one of whom even has dish-tv. Thing is, like many
liveaboards, he rarely goes anywhere on his boat, he just uses the boat as
his living quarters. Of course, by definition, long distance cruisers are
"liveaboards", but they sail their boats to different locations. The
difference is important, IMHO. If you're just living aboard and staying put,
you would probably load your boat down with as many creature comforts as
possible, if you spend most of your time traveling from place to place your
priorities would probably be somewhat different.
John Cairns