DSK

Default BOAT SHOW REPORT.. jaxineering

JAXAshby wrote:

dougie, engineering genius that youare what with all the reading of college
physics and engineering textbooks you read, should know that the end of planks
are under some considerable stress and strain as the hull works in the seas.

So tell me Jax, how come it is that almost all ships were double ended below the
waterline? I mean from Hanseatic cogs up through the clipper ships, coasting
schooners, etc etc?

Yes, planks come under strain at sea. So you are now claiming that nobody ever
built ocean going ships until carbon fiber & epoxy (or at the very least,
carbon-nickel steel & arc welding) were invented?

DSK