Rod McInnis

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

"Joe Here" wrote in message

Here's my question. It seemed that the speed at which the load was
being carried created the heat.

It is the flexing of the sidewalls that creates most of the heat. The more
they flex, and the faster they flex, the more heat is generated.

A taller tire rotates slower, thus a given spot will flex less often, thus
it won't get as hot.

A stiffer tire won't flex as much. A tire with a higher load rating will be
stiffer. Tires are stiffer when properly inflated. Thus, a tire that is
not overloaded and is properly inflated shouldn't overheat.

While pondering the trip home
(semi desperate and after a few beers) I considered filling the tires
with water (say 50%) in an attempt to dissipate the heat to the rims.

As others have said, NO!
If nothing else, this will cause a major imbalance in the tire.

Rod