Tony Thomas

Default warning horn

When you first turn the ignition on, the engine warning horn should sound to
indicate it is working properly. If not, then it may not be working. What
engine do you have and what year.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"tcoop" wrote in message
. ..
After looking a little closer, I think your right about it maybe being the
actual boat horn. I read that the warning horn maybe under the dash on

some
boats and I was hoping that was it. I was told that going into some of the
control boxes can be a tricky job due to all the wires. I really couldn't
tell where the wires for that horn go, but i feel like it is indeed the

boat
horn.
You said the alarm should work when the ignition is in the on position,
prior to the cranking position. I don't quite understand what you are
talking about. Wouldn't it sound off when the engine was started? Did i
mention that I was new to boating and this is my first boat? So sorry for
maybe not understanding everything that I should, but I will learn

it...:-)
Thanks for your time and your help.
Tom

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
Looks to me like the horn for the boat itself (like a car horn). Not

the
alarm for the engine. What is it wired to. I would assume the horn
switch/button. The warning alarm for the engine is usually a small

black
round device about the size of a 1/2 dollar. Some are wired under the

dash
and others are wired inside the control box. The alarm should operate

when
the key is turned to the ignition position but prior to cranking the

engine.
If it does not, have it checked or replaced.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"tcoop" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone tell me if this is a warning horn, and if so, is there a

way
can test it?
http://coopscorner.com/takealook/warninghorn.htm
This is on a Hydra pontoon boat, which they don't make any more.
Thanks,
Tom