Jeff Morris

Default And ???????

I'll concede that when a big ship screws up it can make a real mess, but in my
travels I've observed rather few instances of commercial violations. On the
other hand, I've observed that recreational boaters are very self-righteous
about the regs they chose to observe, while they blatantly ignore others.

A case in point: In Key West we stayed for several days at a luxury marina/time
share hotel. The majority of the boats were live aboard, and most never moved
from their slip. When I asked people what they did for a pumpout, they all said
they never use their head; they go up to the hotel (wink, wink)! We then moved
over to a different marina where we were located near the fuel dock and pumpout
hose. Invariably, when the commercial boats came to tank up, they also pumped
out. However, I hardly ever saw the recreation boaters pump.

Another issue: I've hardly ever felt at risk from a commercial boat - more
often I find them altering course to avoid me when several miles away (perhaps
my fame has spread?). Sportfishermen, however, are so obnoxious that its rare
that an day passes without getting buzzed by some monster doing 40 knots with
seemingly no one on the bridge.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message news:qgzQb.3340
| I would say that on a whole
| the smaller vessels have a better comprehension of their
responsibilities
| and a better track record of adherence to the regulations imposed!......
|
| You crack me up, Mooron!

Ha Ha Ha.....

Seriously Jeff.... not all sailboats flaunt the regs like the large
commercial vessels do... nor with the overwhelming regularity of their
offences. We are under a much more policed and enforced platform.

CM