DSK

Default Engine News from Genmar

wrote:

Well, for openers, it's a major victory for consumers. When they buy a
new TV, and it breaks, they know that they can go to the best servicer
they know of, rather than some lousy shop with a bad reputation that
hires cheap help and was willing to work for cutrate prices.

Seems to me that the issue here is most simply resolved by making the mfr
responsible to the buyer, not the middle man. Fraud is fraud.

If a mfr sells a piece of junk, and offers to the buyer as an incentive a
warranty that he then renegs on, then he has committed classic fraud. Of
course, who in this day and age expects our legal system to actually make
sense?

If your
medical insurance only allowed surgeons who were willing to work
cheap, do you suppose you would be getting the best care possible?

Funny you should draw that parallel, this is exactly what is happening. Not
only with private insurance & HMOs but also with Medicare & MedicAid.

The more rules there are to the game, the more ways there are to cheat.

???

It seems like a very straighforward and obvious law of nature to me. How many
ways are there to cheat at checkers?

DSK