Doug Kanter

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

It usually isn't, at least not in this hemisphere. What we have here is
gun talk bravado, nothing more.

That's silly, Harry. I carry a handgun because I fish alone in some
extremely remote places and believe me when I tell you that I've run into
some very spooky people. We're talking Deliverance material, but in the
Adirondacks. A former boss grew up there. I told him once that I'd could see
myself living in the middle of 4000 acres of forest preserve. His comment:
"You'd be a catch for the local women. You have teeth, you can read and
write, and you like working for a living". I know people who live there.
It's rare to find anyone who ventures into the woods or onto wilderness
waters without some sort of weapon. And, it's not the bears they're
concerned with. It's people and feral dogs.