Capt. Mooron

Default And Donal responds again

"Joe" wrote in message | Jeff,
| Lanod has told us a hundred times now that any yachtmaster can
| navigate blindly without any input. Of course all onshore yachtmaster
| including
| lanod can see thru thick fog without radar.

Cripes Joe...... what would you guys think of my favourite pastime of
sailing at night with no running lights and CRT Radar only?

Anyone with a clue about radar can assume a total "cloaking device" and sail
in blind fog without too much worry. I often shut down all ancillicary
electronics and turn my boat into a "black-out" to sail along at night on
radar alone. My screen is well forward in the cabin and can be clearly seen
from the cockpit. I often use the Autohelm remote control and radar in
conjunction to make night sailing like a video game. If another boat is
approaching I "light-up" with every light on board [ if it suits me to make
an impression]. It scares the hell out of most other boats.

I've sailed by a friend of mine at night in a storm at 0230hrs.... who said
afterwards the I looked for all intents and purposes like a ghost ship
sailing out of an evening fog bank.... by him and into the night. He says he
saw the sails materialize first ... .....and then the boat. He claims it was
a silent and awesome sight to see me pass him so quietly.

You guys are arguing an idiot's point! I'll sail my vessel as. when and how
I please. You won't tell me what when or how! I don't care how good you
think you are..... I'm the Captain! **** the COLREGS! I'll stay out of the
way of faster and bigger vessels or let them know where I am when it suits
me.

CM