DSK

Default Engine News from Genmar

Thanks for the further explanation. I don't know much about outboards, but did
pick up that warranty is a big issue for the dealers (it doesn't take a genius
to realize that working for free to fix stuf that ought to work right from the
factory is not profitable) and it seems to me that taking boats back to the
dealer for warranty work is also a major bummer for buyers.

Clams Canino wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message

Note that engineering considerations were not on the survey. I'm a bit
disappointed. Still it was an interesting read. Thanks, Chuck.

Not entirely true, see:

Most dealers
surveyed stated that it was necessary because of the engine problems that
certain manufacturers have experienced with their new high tech engines and

the
dealers' desire to be able to avoid customer service problems while the

engine
manufacturer worked to bring their engines to an acceptable level of
reliability and performance.

This is a clear allusion to FICHT and Optimax issues. Though it seems that
the DFI's are finally about straightened out, the word is already poisoned a
bit.

-W