Donal

Default Current or no current

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Do you have a current were you dock?

Yes. It varies, sometimes it goes one way, and sometimes it goes the other
way.

When your docking your boat do you like a little current or not?

I don't really mind it. It tends to help.

I loved one marina I lived in because it had a 3-7 knot current that
ran parellel to the dock. It was great having the current to work
against. Always made arrival and departure smooth as a feather.

Only bad point was marine life grew on the hull faster and we were
affected by wakes more often.

I know what you mean. Idiots driving big boats at silly speeds.

Here in the marina I'm at now we have still water and its 2 tight left
turns
into the slip. Windage is a bitch, and I have a left hand wheel and
dock bow in
port side to always throwing the stern away from the docking side
while backing, and I usually have to back some because of the speed
needed to make it in the slip without being blown down. If I stay here
much longer Im going to have to get a right hand wheel.

It would be cheaper to get a clue!

On reflection, it might be easier to get a right hand wheel.

Regards

Donal