tcoop

Default throttle adjustment

There is some resistance, how far does the control arm suppose to move
foirward? I am not sure it is moving far enough forward. I will try some
lubrication and try working it a little. I am very new to boating and the
boat has been sitting in the weather, so maybe it is just froze.
Also, someone told me of an overheating horn. I have a newer control arm
assembly (1995) and I wanted to change it or at least check it to make sure
it works. Any idea where it is located and how to check it.
Thanks
Tom

"Joe Here" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:26:01 -0400, "tcoop" wrote:

I got a 1995 40hp Force engine and I just changed the impeller. I got it
back together and started the engine. It has better water pump output and

it
goes into forward and reverse gears but it doesn't throttle up when i

move
the gear shift forward. Any idea how to adjust the throttle? Here is a
picture of what i have
http://coopscorner.com/takealook/throttle_linkage.htm
Thanks for the help, and I know it isn't the best engine, but i got it

and
have to try to make the best of it...:-)
Tom

Does your throttle control move forward with very little resistance?
If so, chances are the cable has broken or become disconnected in the
box.

I assume you are in gear while trying to open the throttle?