JohnH

Default Cracked Block - how to determine

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:59:19 -0500, "Matt" wrote:

From reading and research, it appears I might have a cracked block. (Milky
oil and condensation by the filler cap) Now my problem lies in determining
if in fact that is the case. What tests / areas do mechanics look at to
determine a cracked block? I have a reliable mechanic but still I heard
it's hard to determine that anyway. I know it might be a gasket or
something but i'm looking worst case.

Thanks!

Milky oil and condensate at the filler cap inform you of water in your oil. It
does not inform you of the cause. A hole in the manifold or riser, as mentioned
earlier, is a very possible cause. Have you removed the manifolds and risers and
inspected them? You could simply have a bad gasket.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD