Murph_NH

Default Oil Changing Pump Systems

Hi All!

After 5 years of having my dealer winterize my boat, I decided to do it
myself this year. Having the boat 100 miles away from the dealer sure helped
my decision too. lol!

It's a '97 Glastron I/O with a 3.0LX Mercruiser. I got most of it done,
except for the oil change. Guess the oilpan drain is kinda tuff to get to
so I need a pump to pull the oil and crap out through the dipstick. Wondered
why the dipstick had a threaded brass collar - guess I know why now.

So, what to buy. I'm not gonna but a commercial system, so forget the $100+
systems - I only have one boat. I criused are the net and came up with 3
choices that made the most sense, but not sure which would be the best for
me. Advice IS needed!!! Here's my choices thus far unless I hear of any
others that make more sense...

- a small electric pump, roughly about $20 and lots of places sell them.
http://www.cabelas.com/information/M...-Oil-Pump.html

- a vacuum system from Airpower America. About $40 and could even use it on
my bike.
http://www.cabelas.com/information/M...d-Changer.html

- a hand pump system like this one from Tempo, about $50.
http://www.cabelas.com/information/M...iter-Pump.html

Ya, I do like Cabela's. lol! But they have been good to me over the years.
But, those are the types I have found. I kinda like the vacuum one, but I
need to hear from you all to hear which really is the best way to go.

Thanks all!

Murph