Joe Here

Default throttle adjustment

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:26:01 -0400, "tcoop" wrote:

I got a 1995 40hp Force engine and I just changed the impeller. I got it
back together and started the engine. It has better water pump output and it
goes into forward and reverse gears but it doesn't throttle up when i move
the gear shift forward. Any idea how to adjust the throttle? Here is a
picture of what i have
http://coopscorner.com/takealook/throttle_linkage.htm
Thanks for the help, and I know it isn't the best engine, but i got it and
have to try to make the best of it...:-)
Tom

Does your throttle control move forward with very little resistance?
If so, chances are the cable has broken or become disconnected in the
box.

I assume you are in gear while trying to open the throttle?