Joe Here

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

On 25 Oct 2003 23:08:05 GMT, (MIDEMETZ) wrote:

As some one else said check the wheel bearings. Also raise the air pressure to
the max allowable for the tires ( usually imprinted on the side wall ). NEVER
NEVER PUT WATER IN HIWAY TIRES. The centrifugal force could tear the tire apart
or worse in my opinion the water could get hot engulf to turn to steam and blow
up.

Mike

Thanks for the feedback. I have since replaced the the hubs which
will allow for a bigger wheel, will upgrade the tires when $$$ allow.

I the army, (S.A.D.F.) we used to put water in our Unimog tires. This
was for land mines & I'm not sure exactly why. They were however
capable of near highway speeds.

As for Nitrogen gas, as someone suggested, Nitrogen has the property
of very linear compressiion. As you double the pressure, the volume
halves. It's also used in off-road suspension systems.