98stratus

Default Submergbed outboard

and have a rust pile! Seriously Don't use WD 40 if you ever want to run
theengine again. WD40 isn't designed for engine storage. Get a can of
fogging oil once you're ready to store it. It only costs $5 to do it right!

" wrote in message
Drain the carb, drain the fuel tank, fill with fresh fuel/oil. Start the
engine, run the engine for at least and hour maybe two. Then spary
everything with wd 40 again. Including the cylinders. drain the carb,
wait for spring.
Offgridman

D Smyth wrote:

I've just recovered my 20 horse Merc outboard from the river. It went

under
when heavy rain submerged the small boat it was attached to.
I brought it indoors, dried up what I could, put a heat gun on wet

areas,
especially the electrical components, took out the plugs, poured oil in

the
cylinders and pulled the starter a few times, drained the lower unit

then
sprayed everything I could with WD 40.
a)Have I forgotten anything?
b)What are the odds on getting it going next spring?

Thanks

ds