Harry Krause

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

Keith wrote:
How about a nice .50 caliber to take out the engines? Good range and great
stopping power. Be sure to wear a shoulder pad.

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
k.net...
Doug my Friend,

Pirates don't come at you one at a time. But, it is well you are able to
hit the target "center mass".

IMHO it is better to kill their engines while well away from you. In
most cases 2 or 3 rounds in the water near their bow will turn them
quickly. Pirates are thieves, and not too brave. But there are
exceptions, especially in areas of The Gulf of Mexico or Dry Tortugas. I
think its a Macho thing. Or, Perhaps they are just crazy.

I don't know for sure. I do know a lot of private vessels (and crews)
vanish out there, and the boats turn up later in the possession of drug
smugglers.

Regards,

Capt. Frank

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Gfretwell" wrote in message

Last summer, a vendor at a gun show said he loved the ban. The value of

his

pre-ban magazines quadrupled. Now he's able to buy more guns and have

an
arsenal. :-)

That guy was pumping you. Hi Cap mags are all over for virtually the

price

of

production. I can get all the 23-30rd M14 mags I want for $15.
How do you regulate something that NEVER had a S/N on it? You can fab up

pretty good magazine in any small steel stamping shop and let someone

prove it

isn't 10 years old a week later.

Maybe, but I'm not a buyer for those anyway. I carry handguns with

either 6
or 7 rounds. If a single attacker's not down in 3 shots, I have a real
problem, and 10 more ain't gonna do the trick.

Why stop there? Why not a 105 mm deck gun?

Email sent to will never reach me.