MC

Default Heaving a line

You can also wet the throwing coil and add a figure 8 at the end for
more range -if time permits.

Cheers MC

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

More of a technical answer than mine, but I got it right first. :-)

"MC" wrote in message

2 coils, say about 20-30' in throwing hand the rest in other hand. Use
an underarm throw with shoulders swinging across the direct of throw (if
you see what I mean) aiming to send the rope up and out at about 45
degrees and as soon at the short coil is flying open the other hand flat
to let coils slip off. The rope must be coiled correctly to prevent
tangles and the coil should be in the direction that the rope is flying
so that the rotation imparted to the coil by the throw causes it to
unwind. (I do not think flaking the line is a good idea as it will
promote tangles more than a flying wide coil).

Cheers

N1EE wrote:

What is the best way to heave a line for
maximum range?

Assumptions:

You are in a hurry, you do not have a line
launcher, messenger line, monkey's fist or
any other weight at the end of the line you
want to throw.

All you have is 100' of 5/8" braided line.

Bart Senior