Clams Canino

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

I'm still waiting for this......... I really wanna know how to identify and
shoot pie-rats at any kind of "safe range" for me. I can't see how it's
possible.

-W

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Serious question here Frank?

When a vessel is far away from you, how can you identify it as "pirates"?

mean, I don't have to worry about lake pirates where I am, but my instinct
is that most approaching vessels want to borrow a beer, a lighter, a tool,
or at most a spotter.

Let's say I'm in strange water and armed.
OK, with my rifle (assuming I had a bigger clip - LOL) I could prolly kill
the engines and most of the crew of an approaching vessel, or at least
enough to make it turn around in a big hurry. But how the hell would I be
able to guage INTENT untill they got too *close* to be able to outgun a
bunch of people? I mean shooting a boat full of doods that wanna borrow a
7/16 socket is NOT an option anyway I slice it - LOL.

-W

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
k.net...

IMHO it is better to kill their engines while well away from you. In
most cases 2 or 3 rounds in the water near their bow will turn them
quickly. Pirates are thieves, and not too brave. But there are
exceptions, especially in areas of The Gulf of Mexico or Dry Tortugas. I
think its a Macho thing. Or, Perhaps they are just crazy.