Rick

Default A love of the sea.

Simple Simon wrote:

What one must wonder, though, is why is it
they are either too stupid or too afraid to go
to sea in a small sailing yacht where they can
commune with their love of the sea

Aside from your bizarre belief in the working conditions on a ship's
bridge and what we do and since you have only a fantasy vision of
professional mariners you make a public idiot of yourself once more.

Many, if not most, of the people I work with own and sail boats of all
sizes and types from 60 foot schooners to little toy trailerboats like
yours ... well, not quite like yours, they have the sense and the money
to maintain them and would not dream of setting foot on a derelict with
a broken boom ... and several make extended trips each year. One group
of 3 I know have been on an extended circumnavigation for years, flying
back to do their scheduled trips then flying back to meet the other guys
wherever they are located. The master of the vessel I left yesterday is
leaving for Tonga on his ketch next week when he is relieved.

Give it up, Nil, you aren't informed enough, bright enough, or witty
enough to play this game. The fact that you have been slammed on and out
of every lame thread you have attempted to start in the past couple of
months should have taught you something, if you have any capacity for
learning at all. The evidence so far is to the contrary ...

In the world of seafaring and mariners you are naught but a barnacle, an
impediment to efficiency, and a monument to the farce of lower level
licensing.

A wannabe for sure ...

Rick