Del Cecchi

Default Bilge Pump Switch

"Rick" wrote in message
k.net...
Del Cecchi wrote:

Of course ballast tanks are a different thing, or did those round gobies

and
zebra mussels get into the great lakes by immaculate conception? Why

are
the shippers resisting flushing ballast tanks with salt water en route?

Have you considered that the reason ballast exchange (BWE)laws now exist
is because traditional practices were discovered to be the source of
those zebra mussels and gobies?

There is little "resistance" to ballast water exchange. It has been
required by the International Maritime Organization since 1997.

snip
I forgot this one, just found. I guess your systems aren't working so well

Cercopagis pengoi is the latest exotic crustacean to invade the Great Lakes.
This predatory cladoceran was first identified by Canadian scientists in
early August of 1998, and was reported via Internet by Dr. Hugh MacIsaac at
the end of August . Cercopagis is indigenous to the Caspian, Azov, and Aral
seas (Rivier 1998), and was reported to have invaded the Baltic Sea in 1992
(Ojaveer & Lumberg 1995, Ojaveer 1997).