Clams Canino

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

My shooting experience comes from shooting vermin attacking my show ducks at
night in the pen.
In that scenario you get one shot. Ducks quack, I perch, wife flips on 750
watt stage light, and the critter will freeze for about ONE second with the
"deer in the headlights" thing going on. You gotta bead it and pull pretty
fast. Most I've used is 3 shots because I was too slow and had to "spray
and pray" at a runner. And no, I never shot a duck by mistake. (I never
shot a duck on purpose either.)

As a funny story, I got my first practices as a kid shooting bees with a
friends pellet gun. I got pretty good at it, even moving ones. One day a
Canadian goose landed WELL within range. I had no doubt I could make a clean
head shot and have it stuffed and in the oven before my mother could say
"whats cookin'? LOL. So I pumped the thing up to 13 out of 10 pumps (heh)
and lined up on this big fat goose. I was so damn sure of myself, I was
already planning out how fast we could feather and eviscerate it. Alas, I
forgot the safety on and my sudden (surprised) movement to release the
safety spooked my meal and it flew off. What's funnier is that Charlie's
father is an ex-marine and drilled us on safety. He was a chef too and was
already rattling off recipies for goose when we all found out Wayne left the
safety on. He felt pretty good that he had us trained to always reset the
safety after a shot, but commented that I seemed to need more work on the
part about taking the safety OFF before aiming. Fact is, I'm still sloppy
at releasing the safety to this day. Before my wife flips on the 750 watt
light, I have HER trained to whisper, "safety OFF". LOL.

I don't know how I'd be with a handgun vs an attacker, I'm more of a sniper
type than a pistol shooter. hehe It took me a LOT of practice to get good
with a rifle. I'm too lazy to start all over with a handgun. We own a 22
handgun with a fairly long barrel, and I think I suck with it, at least
comparing it to my rifle scores. I ususally leave it in the box and play
with the rifle.

-W

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message newsKamb.2922

Maybe, but I'm not a buyer for those anyway. I carry handguns with either

6
or 7 rounds. If a single attacker's not down in 3 shots, I have a real
problem, and 10 more ain't gonna do the trick.