Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

I think most serious boaters carry at least a "shark" gun. I should not
be surprised if they have several weapons when on the open sea. One
would be a fool not to.

My wife can out shoot me with the Mini-14 too. It has just a little more
recoil then a .22lr. The Browning .300 Mag scares the crap out of her.
The first (and only) time she lit it off, she fell on her fundament, and
her shoulder was sore for several days.

Regards,

Capt. Frank

Butch Ammon wrote:

....Carry a Mossberg 500a SS with the line throwing kit
aboard tho.

All I have is an old Marlin Mod 60 .22LR and a newer Remington 870 12GA, which
I bust clays with and also go hunting with.

I took my daughters with me one time down to the local wildlife managment
area's outdoor range. We took turn plinking with the Marlin .22 - believe it
or not, one of my girls actually out-shot me at 50 yards! I was safe and fun
for us. My girls are now young ladies, as they are 17 yrs old and thank God,
they know right from wrong. They don't care for the 870 12GA and skeet
shooting though. The recoil was a bit much for them.

Anyway, I wonder how many non-hunting people carry a firearm onboard a boat?

Butch Ammon