Clams Canino

Default Submergbed outboard

Yes - get it running NOW.... then next spring.

-W

wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:26:54 -0400, "D Smyth" wrote:

I've just recovered my 20 horse Merc outboard from the river. It went

under
when heavy rain submerged the small boat it was attached to.
I brought it indoors, dried up what I could, put a heat gun on wet areas,
especially the electrical components, took out the plugs, poured oil in

the
cylinders and pulled the starter a few times, drained the lower unit then
sprayed everything I could with WD 40.
a)Have I forgotten anything?
b)What are the odds on getting it going next spring?

The odds of getting it running next spring will increase greatly if
you take the time to get it running NOW.

BB