Paul

Default Many boats are not being used.

I was a member of the "not for sale" club for many years with my pick-up
truck. It was (I thought) a beautiful '79 Ford F250 4x4 with a standard
transmission. It was also the first vehicle I had ever bought and owned
outright myself. God I loved that truck.

But by the late 90's it simply lived in my driveway and slowly began to rot.
I finally gave in and sold it but it took me quite a while to get to the
point where I could do that. I suppose the truck represented a lot for me.

I actually vetted the buyer to make sure he was a "truck guy" and not some
dumb kid who wanted to jack it up and mud-bog it to death.

So a truck is not a boat but I understand when people say, "next year I'll
be able to spend some time and money ...".

I wonder what my truck is doing now. I hope it's still running.

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
news
I see tons of old boats(cars and RVs too) that are just sitting there
rotting for years. I guess lots of people just don't want to take the time
to get rid of them and others probably want too much for them.

I think people should just put a sign on them and say "take me" or "offer
me something" and get rid of them so someone can put some time and money
into it and have some fun.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop