Julian

Default Damm Roaches

Is there any way to kill the eggs before they hatch? The tip
about no cardboard boxes on the boat is a good one that I
have heard often. Another piece of advice I read once is to
also be careful of paper labels on tins; apparently roaches
also like to lay their eggs behind these if the label isn't
well stuck on so it can be a good idea to take off such labels.

If there was a way to kill eggs before they hatch then I have
such a hate of roaches that I would seriously consider
creating a decontamination chamber on deck somewhere
and try to process any material coming onto the boat in case
there were eggs in it. (I guess I might exclude guests from this
procedure, especially if it involved noxious gasses).

Does anyone have any thoughts on killing eggs? Is it possible?
Also, what does a roach egg look like? In particular, how big
are they?

- Julian.