Jonathan Ganz

Default BASIC Radio Question

You stupid, no explain need.

"Horvath" wrote in message
On 14 Dec 2003 14:48:40 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

I'm not clear on marine SSB radios. Can someone explain how they differ

from
standard VHF? A friend is now offering me a pretty expensive Icom SSB. I

doubt
I have a need for it, but it's basically free. I may just tell him to

sell it
on ebay. I was thinking of adding a AM/SSB (CB) radio to the boat which

would
be better than the GMRS.
So can someone explain what the marine SSB is? Is it VHF with upper and

lowers?

Thanks in advance...

RB

How stupid are you? SSB is AM. VHF is FM.

Want me explain the difference between cable and satellite dish?

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe