Gary Warner

Default OT - Towards Energy Independence

I like it. Can't tell you how many times I've said to people that I wish
some
politician would put up a challange for alternative energy / energy
independence
along the same lines as JFK did for the space race. ~ I haven't read
through
the details of that site yet, but thanks for posting it.

Another idea: Have a tax on gallons of oil. That is, say 5 cents per
gallon
of CRUDE used. That tax slowly inceases over the years. All revenu goes
toward alternative energy research, development, and implementation. That
way ALL users of crude help get us off the crude. The impact from such
a tax would seem to hit all sectors equally and in proportion to their use
of oil...so is about as fair as a tax can be.

Gary