Thom Stewart

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

Yes Oz,

They won a Kokoda; under American Command in 1942. A hell of a fight it
was too. It was a year after the Yanks were in the war. Taking nothing
away from the Aussie Troops but as I said, give me a battle it equal
before America's entry?
They became WINNERS under McArthur.
Oz I got out there after Guadacanal and You would never believe the
pride all the troops had for the New Guinea Vets.Army
Navy,Air force, to a man they admired. That my friend was the beginning
of the End for Japan. New Guinea, the Canal and the Navy, shutting down
the reinforcement of the Jap Garrissions. It was an Allied Victory. Oz,
it was after Midway. The Yanks were now on the team. We took out Three
of their Carriers at Midway and they never had air superiority again.
This was when we were their equal "IN THE SLOT" the tide had turned and
it probably pivoted on New Guinea. As I said before your boys gave back
everything the Japs had and did it in Spades.