Donal

Default Don't Hire This Man!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
What a fool you are. It's better to let 10 people go free
than have 1 innocent person go to jail.

That really depends on the damage those 10 might do. I'd rather kill off

one
innocent instead of setting free 10 Ted Bundys.
Sadly, when it comes to serious crime, we still have to play the odds.

Actually, Bob, it really is better to let ten guilty men go free than to
lock up one innocent person.

I've seen it at close quarters.

Internment was introduced in Northern Ireland about 30 years ago. I still
believe that the vast majority of the people who were imprisoned at the time
were guilty. However, the few innocent detainees had enough relatives and
freinds to foster a whole generation of terrorists.

You lose faith in the system when you see an innocent person punished by the
state. When you believe that the state is totally corrupt, then you resort
to violence.

Regards

Donal