Slawek

Default Inflatable Boat - Lakes in Chicagoland

I know there are restrictions for using inflatables. For example in
Cook County you cannot use any inflatable boats, kayaks or canoes. In
DuPage County probably the boat has to have a floorboard. Isn't that
strange they sell the inflatables, you have to register them but you
cannot use them???

noah wrote in message . ..
On 18 Jul 2003 20:59:10 -0700, (Slawek) wrote:

Q wrote in message . ..
On 18 Jul 2003 10:41:57 -0700,
(Slawek) wrote:

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?

Size? Power? Need more info...

The boat is 9'2" long. I have 1 HP 12V electric trolling motor and a
plywood floorboard. Weight capacity: 700 lbs. The boat is certified by
the National Marine Manufacturer's Assn.

I am not aware of legal restrictions for inflatables. It sounds like
it could be a lot of fun, and a good entry level boat. Just remember
that you are the "little guy" out there, and always put "safety
first". Make sure that you have CG Type IV (wearable) life jackets
on, and have a good time.

I'm not from the Chicago area, so I can't help with the lakes/rivers
question. Do a Google search for "boat launch Chicago", or something
similar. You should find what you are looking for.
Good luck.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats