Peter Wiley

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

This is another occasion where I agree with you, Oz. I hate that.

Ole Thom, the rest of the world knows full well that the USA sat on its
hands while Europe got turned to trash. The only reason you guys
entered the war at all was because the Japanese were foolish enough to
attack you. If they hadn't, you'd have done nothing for years more,
maybe forever. The first bit's fact, the last is speculation based on
your behaviour at the time.

You guys lost people and lots of them. Most of your troops were
mediocre to OK but there were lots of them and they had a superb
logistical tail, which is what wins modern wars. The marines fighting
through the Pacific islands were superb combat troops.

However, you never had your people killed in things like the Sandakan
death march, Changi or a lot of other places. You sat all that stuff
out. We have long & bitter memories of WW2. The Japanese treated our
POW's atrociously. You guys let a lot of them off after the war was
over because the politics had changed.

We brought troops home from the Middle East to fight in the Pacific. We
were fighting the Axis powers in Africa while you guys were watching
from the sidelines and we fought them to a standstill with no help at
all from you. A lot of the countries down this way are still wary of us
because they know what we did and what we could do again if we decided
it was necessary. We had a lot of experience in jungle warfare while
you guys stayed home.

FYI, it's also a matter of historic record that the Japanese weren't
going to try to take Australia. They just wanted us out of Asia. We
stopped them in PNG with little/no help from you guys.

It's real easy, Thom, to claim that nobody won an offensive battle
without the USA. Real easy - considering you sat it out until the tide
had turned.

Peter Wiley

In article , Donny's
Dilemma wrote:

I'm getting horribly sick of you waving your flag and claiming the US
won the war single handed.
Take a look at the losses of ANZAC troops during the war in Europe and
the Pacific,,,,all from a nation with a population of less that 6
million at the time.
The Japs attacked us in Darwin and in Sydney...you have no clue old
man other than the patriotic bull**** you've been feeding on all your
life.

AFA delaying your entry into war, you delayed getting into Europe when
a quick decision would have ended it all that much faster before the
German army had a stranglehold
AND you delayed entry into the Pacific while thousands were killed by
Jap hands then, after you're directly attacked, decide that you might
have a war on your hands.

Go here and get an education

http://www.minerva.com.au/austwardia.../kokoda%20trai
l.htm
Have a look at the real story Thom.

What I was refering to that brought about your inane rant was that the
story as told appeared a little embelished to achieve a particular
aim....You swallowed it, Choke on it you sanctimonious old fart!

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:29:01 -0800 (PST), (Thom
Stewart) wrote:

UP YOUR OZZY ASS,

If it wasn't for those dead BOYS you Upside down, backward wise ass
mates would be servicing Jap masters and British would be speaking
German.

The Japs attacked us at Pearl Harbor, in the Pacific and the next day
our Army and Navy set sail. Where, why Europe to fight the Germans. The
English, Aussies, Kiwi were all trying to save "JOLLY OLD" We had to
fight a delaying war in the Pacific so that our real might could go to
Europe.

We lost a lot of young men (BOYS) to save a bunch of backing and
surrendering armies. We had to build our strength to fight a two front
war and save YOUR SORRY ASSES.

OZ, I asked this question before in this group. I'll ask it again;- Can
you, any of you Yank Haters, Name one offensive battle that was won by
the rest of the World's Army before the American got into the WW2? One
battle anywhere that was an attack on a AXIS POWER that took one foot of
territory from the AXIS without the Yanks involvement?

I Don't think you can. You people are great a knocking us. So, I'm
taking this opportunity to tell it as it was. Tell it to the smart asses
that want to forget what they COULDN'T" DO AND WE DID FOR THEM!!!

We can HONOR our heroes any damn well way we want to. WE EARNED IT, WE
PAID FOR IT, AND DAMNIT WE DIED FOR IT!!!

SO UP YOU'RE OZ. , In WW2 you were LOSERS and us YANKS made you WINNERS

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!"

Damn that felt good,
Ole Thom

Oz1...of the 3 twins.