Clams Canino

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

/agree

The "ban" as it was worded really didn't do anything "functional". It only
made for making collectors and enthusiasts lives miserable having to deal
with minutia.

The only real parts of the weapon usefull for "killing more people" are big
magazines, and perhaps the flash supressor if it's dark out and you're
sniping. That said, if I was so disposed to dispatch someone - one bullet
would be enough, three if I wanted to "extra sure". I'm very glad those
Iraqi "snipers" can't shoot for ****.

That said, you couldn't make a magazine big enough for me. I'm lazy and
hate to re-load at the range. You pay for a booth by the hour and reloading
wastes time and money. My semi has two functional 10 round clips and a
broken 40 round clip that I might be able to fix. I *wish* I had four 50
round clips when I'm at the range though - hehe.

-W (way overdue for a trip to the range, now that I think of it)

"Gfretwell" wrote in message

the whole "assault weapons ban" was dumb. It was just the perception of

doing
something while calling attention to a class of weapons that were no

particular
problem and making them an investment opportunity. After thae ban was

announced
2 MILLION were sold, most from China, to people who don't have a clue why

they
bought them or what they are going to do with them, since the market is
saturated.
If the gun haters had kept their mouth shut there would only have been a

nich
market in these things.