HarryV

Default Monster waves

Heavy seas to Alaska you wrote about:

http://www.tv-antenna.com/heavy-seas/

otnmbrd wrote in message hlink.net...
BG Comments interspersed .... I see you didn't want to touch the
subjects of tsunami's and stability. Your lack of knowledge and
inexperience showing again?

Simple Simon wrote:
I'm not the one bragging about being aboard boats that
get structure stove in by large waves am I?

Didn't see any bragging on my part, and considering the potential for
damage to that ship, what she sustained and survived would be considered
acceptable.

I've sailed
up and down many a fifty footer with no problem. Any and
all structure aboard my boat is still intact and shows
no wave damage.

Doubt you've ever seen a 50 footer. You haven't done enough deep sea
sailing. If by chance you had seen even a 30 footer ..... we all get lucky.

I'll admit I've never even seen a hundred-footer in person
but that's because I'm smart enough to avoid them. Can
you claim the same?

Once again, your lack of experience showing. If you go to sea long
enough, where you are trying to get from point A to point B, you are
bound to run into conditions that mean you will have to deal with some
serious weather. You can avoid some things, but others you just have to
deal with.
I remember a picture which was making the rounds of the web, showing a
tanker in heavy weather, going to Alaska. I have been Master of that
tanker, on that run, and seen the same .... sometimes you are stuck
dealing with what you are dealt, and in the case of a rogue, you
generally have no fore warning, which means, in your case, odds on, we
wouldn't be having this discussion if you had ever run across one.
BG Try as you might, Neal, you will never see the conditions, I've
seen.... and to be honest, I hope you don't.

otn