nereid

Default Monster waves

If he wants the boat to float with even half a foot of freeboard above the
water line, and that would be necessary to make it possible to bail the boat
in even in moderate seas, he would need more than that.
I have made a few design sketches of boats with positive flotation, and yes,
it does take up a lot of space.
As Binary Bill say's, his inflatable lovers might do the job if they are
tied down low enough, but are they puncture proof?

I don't know whether his boat actually has positive floatation or not, but,
unwise as this might seem, and since I'm not at risk here, I have just taken
his word for it.

Peter S/Y Anicula

"Jeff Morris" skrev i en meddelelse
In order to cancel the weight of his keel (3200 pounds?) Neal would need

roughly
50 cubic feet of foam. If the boat were constructed with this in mind, it

would
have a layer of foam about 2 inches thick on the entire hull. It seems

highly
unlikely that Neal could have installed that much foam after the fact.