otnmbrd

Default Monster waves

Comments interspersed:

Simple Simon wrote:
We have a little old current around this neck of the woods
called the Gulf Stream. In the wintertime when we get
northers the wind acts against the current and produces
fifty-foot, short period waves on a regular basis.

BS. Although you will see some nasty seas on the East Coast of Fla,
during NE Gales, 50 footers are rare (generally not enough fetch to
develop them until you clear the Bahamas) Doubt you've ever been out
there to experience them.

If you are ever up this way I'll take you out into the
axis of the Steam in a northerly gale and show you a
fifty footer or two. I've been out there and been in
sight of very large ships that went completely out of
sight behind such waves.

ROFL

Just because you're always sailing in the lee of your
little islands does not mean real waves don't occur
in other places.

Give it a rest, Neal. You rarely leave Tampa Bay

S.Simon