Simple Simon

Default Monster waves

We have a little old current around this neck of the woods
called the Gulf Stream. In the wintertime when we get
northers the wind acts against the current and produces
fifty-foot, short period waves on a regular basis.

If you are ever up this way I'll take you out into the
axis of the Steam in a northerly gale and show you a
fifty footer or two. I've been out there and been in
sight of very large ships that went completely out of
sight behind such waves.

Just because you're always sailing in the lee of your
little islands does not mean real waves don't occur
in other places.

S.Simon

Donnys Dilemma wrote in message ...
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:23:55 -0500, "Simple Simon"
wrote:

I'm not the one bragging about being aboard boats that
get structure stove in by large waves am I? I've sailed
up and down many a fifty footer with no problem. Any and
all structure aboard my boat is still intact and shows
no wave damage.

Bull**** Cappy!
You've never seen a 15metre wave in your life!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.