Jeff Morris

Default Monster waves

They don't say what spacecraft was used for the observation. To get that
resolution, it had to be in low orbit. I'd guess some type of radar might work,
but the target area would be small, perhaps less than 100 miles. This might
mean that this was 10 monster waves within a 10,000 square miles in 3 weeks,
which seems quite high.

Some clarification is needed. Do we have an original link?

"Rick" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The_navigator© wrote:

That's interesting beacuse most of the static wave height measurements
suggested a rather low frequency of monster waves. Over what time scale
and area was this measurement?

The article stated:

"During a three-week radar satellite study, the German Aerospace Centre
found a total of 10 monster waves around the world, ranging from 26 m
to 30 m in height."

I read that as 10 waves worldwide in a 3 weeks time.

Rick