Scott Vernon

Default scow?

How would the sailing canoes down by St. Mikes compare?

Scotty

"DSK" wrote in message
"The Carrolls" wrote:
We were having a discussion at work as tho the fastest monohull. I

recall a
I think "K" scow but am not sure of the designation, any how it seems

to me
it was a twin keeler, 38 foot long dinghy for all intents. any one here

have
any experience with them?

As others have said, it's most likely you mean an 'A' scow. I haven't

sailed one
but have seen them sailing a few times. They are awesome.

Donals Dilemma wrote:
I have a feeling the Australian 18' Skiff is the fastest dinghy.

Yep. Be a heck of a shock to lots of people if they weren't. But the

A-scow or
even her smaller sister the E-scow is not to be taken lightly. In some

conditions
I bet they could give a skiff a run for the money. The A-scow does not

have a
handicap rating that I'm aware of but the E-scow is rated as a lot faster

than a
505, slightly slower than a Tornado cat.

Now, how would an A-scow and a 18-footer do against Mari-Cha 4? I suspect

that
she is the crowned & reigning Fastest Monohull On Earth (outside of the
windsurfer speed trenches, that is).

The navigator© wrote:

A windsurfer is the fastest monohull.

Not by much, and not just any windsurfer. Recently in a distance race on

San
Francisco Bay, a custom windsurfer finished about 20 seconds ahead of an

18'
skiff.

But this once, you're right. Enjoy.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King