felton

Default scow?

I think you may be thinking about the A Scow, although they don't have
"keels", but rather twin bilge boards, as I have always heard them
called. They are rockets. Like the more common E Scow, only the
steroid version. I seem to remember a fairly recent picture in one of
the sailing magazines of Buddy Melges sailing an E Scow pulling a
water skier. I don't know about "fastest monohull" anymore. I
believe they used to have some sort of race to crown the fastest
monohull and the A Scow was teh winner, but that was 20+ years ago and
things change.

You should be able to do a search and come up with all sorts of info
on A Scows.

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 02:13:48 GMT, "The Carrolls"
wrote:

We were having a discussion at work as tho the fastest monohull. I recall a
I think "K" scow but am not sure of the designation, any how it seems to me
it was a twin keeler, 38 foot long dinghy for all intents. any one here have
any experience with them?