bob

Default Winterizing ideas for 4.3l Volvo twins needed.

"Snafu" wrote in
ink.net:

I realize you don't have much space, but could you put a "street ell"
brass pipe fitting and a pipe nipple with a cap to drain the
manifolds? The cube-type elbow probably wouldn't take much more
space than the plug you're dealing with.

You might also want to coat the threads with "Never-Seez"
(thread-sealing anti-seize compound).

Good luck!

"Wklkj" wrote in message

Actually it is easier to run the motor on a flusher to bring it to
operating temp the use a small pump and pressure anti freeze to the lower
unit while on the same flusher. Do not water down the anti freeze because
the water contained in the motors cooling system will mix it down any
way. I have a plastic tub that I set uinder the drive to catch the
circulated mixture. I fill the tub with anti freeze and pump from there.
This way I do not allow the anti freeze to come into contact with the
ground. I use the same process to commission the boat in the spring and
also capture the anti freeze that comes out. Been doing this for over 30
years and never had a freeze up. Good luck